Be at ease of bringing your baby to holiday. No denying that it can be stressful sometimes,however do not worry! Below are very useful tips for spending holiday with your baby smoothly so that you can have fun and your baby can enjoy too:
1. First step is to prepare for your baby passport when you decided that you will take your baby to have holiday overseas
2. It is better to travel with baby who is more than 3 months old as baby will not that fragile to the surrounding and the antibody is stronger.
3. Be sure to dress your baby in cloths which are easy to put on and take off. It is better to dress in sleepsuit. Do not worry about changing your baby nappy on plane as most plane have drop-down changing table in the toiler
4. Remember to bring sun hat and sunscreen, especially if your holiday destination is tropical place
5. First aid kit is important to be taken during the holiday. First aid for baby include: baby paracetamol, saline nose drops, antiseptic cream, bandage, insect repellent, rehydration powder, cool pack , teething gel.
6. Take more food in case of delay
7. If the hotel that you are staying at is not childproof, you might want to take your own childproof such as : electric socket cover, rubber door stops etc
8. It is best to feed your baby and put the baby to sleep before board for your journey
9. Some baby might experience uncomfortable during takeoff and landing, it is good to take chew toy to chew on takeoff and landing
11. There are a lot of strollers available on the market. For travelling, it is best to get lighter weight stroller. Lighter weight stroller takes not much room in a car and can even be stored at overhead compartment if you fly.
12. It is popular for parent to take backpack-style baby carrier so that the baby can enjoy sightseeing
13. Take baby favourite toy in the journey. But do not overpack toys as when you reach your holiday destination, there will be more new thing that interest your baby
14. Don’t let your baby to be too cold or too hot. On long journey on car,it is good to stop and take a break for a while. If you travel by plan, take a break by nappy change so that the baby can stretch and kick her leg
15. Ask the hotel that you are staying with if there is any washing machine or you can bring your own detergent and wash your baby cloth. In that way, you do not need to bring a lot of cloth
16. Make sure that your baby is up to date with her vaccination before travelling and check with your doctor if your baby need any additional vaccines for travelling in your holiday destination city/country